Sunday, May 15, 2011

Leftover Dill Chicken

I had all this dill leftover from the tilapia earlier in the week. I couldn't let it go to waste so I decided to try another recipe from my Eat Shrink and Be Merry cookbook.

Yet another silly name....Dilly Beloved...ugh

It was just a marinade, however the recipe called for the chicken to be marinated and baked in the same dish (which meant a fair amount of leftover "sauce"). So, since I had a big red onion on hand I decided to throw some thinly sliced onions into the dish to marinade and bake with the chicken. The end result ended up being quite nice. I served it with some oven roasted cauliflower. Clutterbuck LOVED this dish!

The recipe was as follows:


    Marinade:
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 3 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
    2 tbsp minced fresh dill
    2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    2 tsp grated lemon zest
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1/4 cup each salt and freshly ground pepper

...Alas I did not snap a pic because I did not think it was blog worthy...but it actually kind of was...next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment