Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

I figured out what to do with the leftover chicken. I shredded it up and made chicken enchiladas (another first). I served it with some refried beans and cut up veggies. The veggies are so boring but I buy them and then have to think of every possible way to eat them, otherwise they go bad in the fridge. So, we end up eating a lot of raw veggies on their own.
It was a good dinner and I was pleased with the end result. Which is good because we ended up with enough to feed a family of 4 for a week. I really enjoy the whole process of cooking. Thinking of what you want to eat, researching various recipes and adding my own ideas, shopping for the ingredients and than preparing the meal. I completely appreciate that some people hate this entire process (Clutterbuck, for example) but not me!
After browsing allrecipes (which is the best recipe site ever. Lots of pictures and reviews) and looking at several different enchilada recipes, this is what I did:
  1. Shred the remaining chicken and set aside
  2. Finely chop a green pepper, onion, 2 jalepenos and garlic
  3. Saute veggies in a pan until soft
  4. Add chicken, sour cream, fresh oregano, cumin, chili powder, pepper, cheddar cheese
  5. Cook until cheese melts, add Salsa
  6. Roll mixture up in tortillas and place in a pan
  7. Cover with red enchilada sauce and remaining cheese
  8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
:) Guess what we're having for dinner tonight

1 comment:

  1. mucho goodo I say....Clutterbuckba should write an Enchilada Cantata for Cello....(can a Cello have a Cantata?)

    ReplyDelete