Monday, April 1, 2013

A Welcome Back Note

Well…its been 555 days (1 year, 6 months and 6 days) since my last post. By those numbers it would be safe to assume that this blog was long forgotten.

Oh but it has not!!!


During that year and a half Clutterbuck and I have had to turn our attention elsewhere and regrettably, home cooking and healthy eating has had to take a bit of a back seat. Here are just a few of the things we have had going on since my last post:

- I took a leave of absence from full-time work to focus on school full-time. I have recently returned to full-time work in a new position that I am still trying very hard to learn.

- I got a job working part-time at Starbucks, which, although it was still a nice vacation from my real life, the early morning (4am!) shifts were enough to render me useless for the rest of the day.

- We have downsized our living arrangement and moved (AGAIN!) and have placed most of our belongings (i.e. my kitchen) in storage. How can we survive with all of our kitchen items being in storage you ask? Well, it means we are now sharing a kitchen with my parents…that’s right, we are THOSE grown-ass children that have moved home. This was a temporary measure to support the following two points.

- Clutterbuck has executed a complete career change, leaving his full-time job to attend school full-time for the next 2 years (with no breaks!!).

- We are engaged (yay!) and planning our wedding for August 2014

Thankfully, for our waistlines, I’m resurrecting this blog to again keep a record of all the successful and unsuccessful meals, snacks and edibles prepared in our house. I’m going to try out some new looks/layouts, so bear with me if you return and the page looks different every couple of days. Also, I am going to attempt to post the recipe details and the nutritional information. I very seldom create my own recipes from scratch but I do usually modify the ones that I use and even I get frustrated looking back at previous posts and wondering what EXACTLY did I do to achieve that result.

So....WELCOME BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment