Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken and Biscuits


Oh YUM! Like really yum! Perhaps the yummiest of yums!

Chicken and Biscuits is one of Cluterbuck's favourites. However, I haven't made it in forever because it isn't always the lowest fat recipe. After telling him one night that he could choose whatever he wanted for dinner, he chose this (he always chooses this but this time I actually obliged). I tried my best to lighten it as much I could. I used margarine instead of butter, flour to thicken instead of cream based soups, LOTS of veggies...you get the idea.

I also normally make this in the slow cooker, but this time I did it over the stove and then baked it in the oven. It made for much crispier biscuits which I preferred.

Yummy! We've been eating the leftovers for days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment