Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pasta with Wild Mushrooms and Baby Spinach



This was FANTASTIC! I will definitely be making this again and SOON.

I bought some dried porcini mushrooms and re-hydrated them in some chicken stock. While they were soaking I sauteed some finely chopped onions, garlic, fresh button mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in some garlic oil. I chopped up the now re-hydrated porcinis and threw them into the mix.

Once it was all heated through I added the porcini/chicken liquid and a little cornstarch to the pan and let it simmer until thickened.

I served it over some fresh fettuccine and baby spinach. The fresh pasta soaked up the sauce beautifully and the heat of it all wilted the spinach just enough.

This dish reminds me so much of something I have ordered (more than once) in a restaurant, but for the life of me, I can't think of where.

I will for sure be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment