Thursday, August 25, 2011

Easy Beef Stroganoff


I have a confession to make. I actually tried this recipe a month ago and fell in love. However, it was right in the midst of when life got crazy so I never ended up posting about it. The picture does no justice here, but here it is anyway.

Even though we're not big beef eaters in the Smart-Clutterbuck household this is quickly falling into regular rotation around here. I made it again last night and was just as pleased as I was with it a month ago. 

It couldn't be any easier. The recipe was as follows:

  • About a pound of steak (I used sirloin)
  • 1 can of Campbell's Tomato Soup
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
  • garlic
  • 1 onion 
  • mushrooms (as many as you want)
  • Sour Cream
Brown the meat, remove to cook the onions, mushrooms and garlic, add the rest of the ingredients and the beef, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes. Add some sour cream.

I served it over some egg noodles and both Clutterbuck and I couldn't resist having seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment