Thursday, August 19, 2010

Healthy Risotto and Honey Garlic Salad

I made a healthy risotto the other day. I don't really know how extra healthy it was but I didn't use any butter and only 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Plus I loaded it up with mushrooms and peas. It was so good. Risotto is just so good and I really enjoy making it. Once you do it a few times you realize how really simple it is.
The salad was a basic garden salad with whatever veggies I had on hand (red onion, yellow pepper, toasted almonds, sauteed mushrooms and mixed baby greens). The dressing was what made it great. Its recipe is as follows:
  • 1 part oil
  • 1 part vinegar (i used apple cider)
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
  • salt and pepper to taste
I emulsified it in my food precessor and stuck it in the fridge to hang out for as long as possible. It was so good! Try it! You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. When the heck are you going to have us over for dinner? ..... and serve this or any of these other wonderful sounding meals? Huh? Huh? When?

    ReplyDelete